River’s Edge is a quiet, family-friendly campground in Eastern NC, located on the Bay River between Bayboro NC and Vandemere, NC. With over 700 feet of waterfront, two fishing piers, and a boat ramp, River’s Edge Family Campground offers campers the availability to enjoy Bay River’s beauty and bounty from the shoreline or by boat, kayak, canoe or whatever water toy you choose. At River’s Edge, we are truly a family campground: You may come as a stranger, but you will leave as family!
Just as our name suggests, our campground sits right along the edge of the Bay River. With over 700 feet of waterfront available to our campers, we hope that you enjoy the beauty and fun of the river while you’re here. With that said, it’s always important to practice caution when spending time in or around the water. So, here are some water safety tips to keep you safe when you visit us:
- Always closely monitor children when you’re on our piers or in the river.
- For the safety of your furry friends and our other guests, please do not bring your dogs on the piers, as they can present a tripping hazard.
- Don’t do any water activities, including swimming and boating, if you’re intoxicated.
- The Bay River in our area stays at about 2-3 feet deep, which means you should never dive from our piers.
- Always go swimming with multiple people so you can keep an eye out for one another.
- Keep in mind that our boat ramps and piers may be slippery.
- For safety purposes, all children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult when visiting one of our piers.
- Watch your footing when walking on the piers and wear shoes.
- When boating, always make sure that you have enough life jackets for everyone on the boat.
It is officially spring, and the weather’s getting warmer. We hope that you come to visit us at River’s Edge Family Campground in Eastern NC this spring or summer!