River’s Edge is a quiet, family-friendly campground in Eastern NC, located on the Bay River between Bayboro NC and Vandemere, NC. With over 700 feet of waterfront, two fishing piers, and a boat ramp, River’s Edge Family Campground offers campers the availability to enjoy Bay River’s beauty and bounty from the shoreline or by boat, kayak, canoe or whatever water toy you choose. At River’s Edge, we are truly a family campground: You may come as a stranger, but you will leave as family!
The days are getting warmer, the sun is staying out longer, and it’s a great time to be outdoors. However, on hot and sunny days, you have to take extra precautions to make sure that you stay safe. From sunburn to heat stroke, you don’t want the sun to get the better of you. So, here are some sun safety tips:
- Before you head outdoors be sure to apply sunblock. Even if it appears to be cloudy outside, you can still get a sunburn.
- Be sure to reapply sunscreen about every 2 hours; more frequently if you’ve been in the water.
- Wear a hat and other protective clothing to prevent sunburn.
- Wear moisture wicking clothing to help you stay cool while you’re outside.
- Make sure to drink plenty of water when you’re spending time outdoors on a warm day.
- Shade is your best friend, both from sunburn and heat stroke. Bring an umbrella or find a shady spot to relax in.
- Don’t forget your sunglasses when you head out, as they protect your eyes from harmful UV rays.
- Avoid spending too much time outside during peak sun/heat hours, which are late morning through early afternoon.
- Know the signs of heat stroke: headaches, dizziness, lightheadedness, nausea, vomiting, lack of sweating, muscle cramps and aches, and trouble breathing. If you notice any of these symptoms, seek medical attention immediately.
The sun is bright and beautiful at River’s Edge Family Campground. We hope that you come to visit us and enjoy the beauty of the outdoors, just be sure to practice sun safety when you do.