River’s Edge is a quiet, family-friendly campground in Eastern NC, located on the Bay River between Bayboro NC and Vandemere, NC. With over 700 feet of waterfront, two fishing piers, and a boat ramp, Rivers Edge Family Campground offers campers the availability to enjoy Bay River’s beauty and bounty from the shoreline or by boat, kayak, canoe or whatever water toy you choose. At River’s Edge, we are truly a family campground: You may come as a stranger, but you will leave as family!
At River’s Edge, we offer a number of ways to enjoy the water, including 700 feet of waterfront access, 2 piers, and a boat ramp. Whether you want to swim, boat, or fish, we hope you enjoy yourselves, and we want you to practice water safety. So, here are some water safety tips to help you out:
- The water around our piers is only 2-3 feet at any given time. So, you should never dive or jump from the piers into the water.
- You shouldn’t bring any pets on the pier.
- We don’t have a lifeguard, so you swim at your own risk.
- Be sure to always monitor your children as they spend time in and around the water.
- Don’t consume alcohol when swimming or operating a boat.
- When in the water, watch out for rocks on the river bottom.
- It’s best to swim, fish, and boat with at least one other person in case something happens.
- Practice caution when walking on and around the piers and the boat ramp, as these surfaces can be slippery.
- Before heading out on the water, make sure that you have a life jacket for everyone in your boat.
River’s Edge Family Campground is a great place to enjoy the water with your family, just be sure to do it safely.