River’s Edge is a quiet, family-friendly campground in Eastern NC, located on the Bay River between Bayboro NC and Vandemere, NC. With over 700 feet of waterfront, two fishing piers, and a boat ramp, Rivers Edge Family Campground offers campers the availability to enjoy Bay River’s beauty and bounty from the shoreline or by boat, kayak, canoe or whatever water toy you choose. At River’s Edge, we are truly a family campground: You may come as a stranger, but you will leave as family!
Did you know that River’s Edge Campground is only a short 3 minutes from the NC Wildlife Launch in Vandemere, which gives you access to the Pamlico Sound?! Here’s some interesting information about the beautiful Pamlico Sound:
- At about 80 miles long and 15-20 feet wide (varying across locations), the Pamlico Sound is the largest sound on the East Coast!
- The majority of the Pamlico Sound is pretty shallow, at an average of 5-6 feet.
- The sound is fed the Oregon Inlet, Hatteras Inlet, and Ocracoke Inlet.
- The Pamlico Sound is home to a number of sea life and numerous ecosystems.
- A number of beautiful and rare birds like to hang out around the Pamlico Sound like great blue herons, white ibises, snowy egrets, white pelicans, and on rare occasions, American Bald Eagles.
- The calm and shallow waters of the Pamlico Sound are great for a number of water activities like kayaking, paddleboarding, or just splashing around with your little ones.
The Pamlico Sound is one of the natural gems of North Carolina, and it’s right here for you to explore when you stay with us at River’s Edge Family Campground in Eastern NC.