River’s Edge is a quiet, family-friendly campground in Eastern NC, located on the Bay River between Bayboro NC and Vandemere, NC. With over 700 feet of waterfront, two fishing piers, and a boat ramp, Rivers Edge Family Campground offers campers the availability to enjoy Bay River’s beauty and bounty from the shoreline or by boat, kayak, canoe or whatever water toy you choose. At River’s Edge, we are truly a family campground: You may come as a stranger, but you will leave as family!
Many of our campers visit our campground with their RVs. RVs are a great way to explore the beautiful state and country that we live in– without the unfamiliarity of dingy hotels or the discomfort of sitting in a cramped car for hours. With that said, RVs need extra attention to make sure that they’re running smoothly and that you can enjoy them for years to come. So, here are some RV maintenance tips to help out our fellow RV lovers:
- Just like your car, you need to change your RV’s oil and filters regularly (about every 3,000-4,500 miles). Routine oil changes will keep your engine purring.
- Make sure that you’re getting your RV’s generator serviced regularly as well. Even if your RV has been sitting in storage, you need to make sure that you run your generator regularly to keep it working.
- If you’re storing your RV for winter, be sure to clean it thoroughly, switch off all electrical connections, and empty out your water tank. Also, store it somewhere where it is protected from the elements.
- Inspect your RV’s roof and awnings regularly for leaks, cracks, and rips. If you notice any damage, have it fixed right away.
- Make sure that you’re using the right type and amount of chemicals for your RV’s waste water system.
Also, keep in mind that if you plan to go on a long trip on your RV, you should have it checked out by a mechanic to make sure everything is in tip-top shape for your trip.
Bring your RV down to see us in Eastern NC at River’s Edge Family Campground, located right on the beautiful Bay River.