River’s Edge is a quiet, family-friendly campground in Eastern NC, located on the Bay River between Bayboro NC and Vandemere, NC. With over 700 feet of waterfront, two fishing piers, and a boat ramp, River’s Edge Family Campground offers campers the availability to enjoy Bay River’s beauty and bounty from the shoreline or by boat, kayak, canoe or whatever water toy you choose. At River’s Edge, we are truly a family campground: You may come as a stranger, but you will leave as family!
While the official start to summer is still a little over a week away, here in Eastern NC, we have been experiencing summer temperatures for quite some time. In fact, this week’s forecast is calling for some scorching hot days ahead. Don’t let the NC summer heat keep you stuck indoors. You can still venture out and enjoy all that Eastern NC has to offer.
While you might be tempted to crank your RV’s AC on full blast, that can get costly quickly. Fortunately, there are a number of ways that you can stay cool in your RV while you’re relaxing and/or sleeping. Here are some tips to help you keep your RV cool during the summer:
- Whenever possible, park your RV in the shade.
- Use your awnings to create more shade.
- Buy portable fans to keep your RV cool.
- Open your windows at night to let in a breeze, and then close them in the morning to keep out the warm air.
- Avoid cooking and showering in your RV during the hottest parts of the day, as these make the RV even warmer.
- Switch your RV’s light bulbs to LED lights, as they put off less heat (they are also more energy efficient).
- Use window shades and reflectors to keep the sunlight out.
- Sleep in lightweight, loose fitting, breathable clothing at night to help keep yourself cool while you sleep.
The summer heat can be brutal, but that doesn’t mean that you have to be stuck at home. Just follow these simple and effective tips, and you’ll see that camping during summer is a breeze.
Come see us this summer at River’s Edge Family Campground in Eastern NC!