River’s Edge is a quiet, family-friendly campground in Eastern NC, located on the Bay River between Bayboro NC and Vandemere, NC. With over 700 feet of waterfront, two fishing piers, and a boat ramp, River’s Edge Family Campground offers campers the availability to enjoy Bay River’s beauty and bounty from the shoreline or by boat, kayak, canoe or whatever water toy you choose. At River’s Edge, we are truly a family campground: You may come as a stranger, but you will leave as family!
Did you know that Eastern NC is full of interesting history? At River’s Edge, we are only a short drive from a number of exciting historical sites. So, when you stay with us, you can play AND learn! Here are some of our favorite historical spots in Eastern NC:
- Oriental’s History Museum is open on the weekends, and they currently have an exhibit on mermaids through September, and then a Boy Scout exhibit starting in October.
- Tryon Palace in New Bern was built over 200 years ago as a home for the Royal Governor, William Tryon. You can tour the home and the grounds Sunday-Saturday. The NC History Center is adjacent to Tryon Palace, so be sure to visit it too!
- Aurora Fossil Museum is open Tuesday-Sunday during the summer, and there is no admission fee. This science museum features a wide collection of Miocene and Pliocene marine fossils.
- The city of Washington, NC is over 200 years old! It’s a charming town to visit with a lot of history.
- Bath is NC’s first town and port is full of historical sites and centers to visit.
- NC Maritime Museum in Beaufort is open year-round, and there is no admission fee. The museum features a wide variety of history about NC’s coast, including artifacts from Blackbeard’s Queen Anne’s Revenge.
When you visit us at River’s Edge Family Campground, you can relax in the sun and spend time in the water, and you can also visit a number of historic sites in Eastern NC. It’s really the best of both worlds!